It seems like protein shakes are all the rage right now, and there are so many types of powder supplements on the shelves. If you are a little confused and don’t know where to start, today, we will clear things up and make this whole protein thing make sense!
There are many reasons that someone would want to use a protein supplement like a 100% grass-fed whey protein isolate powder. Some common causes might include:
- They struggle to get enough protein every day.
- They are too thin.
- They want to lose weight and use a protein shake as a meal replacement.
- They want to increase muscle mass quickly while working out intensely.
If you are afraid you are not getting the amount of protein that you need or do not know how much to use as a supplement, the best thing to do is use a protein intake calculator to find out what your exact needs are.
Most people prefer to take their protein supplements in the form of 100% grass-fed whey protein powder. It’s most common to add it into a smoothie with organic milk (almond, coconut, cashew, etc.) and fresh fruit, but there are lots of other more creative options to ensure you meet your protein intake goals; these applications include:
- Substituting whey in place of your typical coffee creamer
- Hitting your morning macros with high protein pancakes
- Fortifying your mid-day yogurt snack
- Stirring whey into hot soup for a creamy consistency
- Baking with whey to make peanut butter cookies for example
Whey protein is well known to build muscle, repair tissue, and help you gain body mass. You may have also heard of 100% grass-fed whey protein isolate and wondered if it is better than conventional whey protein?
The easy answer is yes! 100% grass-fed whey protein powderis much better for you than conventional whey protein because of its inherent nutritional benefits attributed to leveraging the natural diet of a ruminant animal, grass.
The main differences between a grass-fed whey and conventional whey from feedlots, which make up 99% of the marketed whey supplements, include:
- More Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- More super-nutrients (Lactoferrin, Glutathione, Cysteine)
- Far Less heavy-metal contaminants
- More Macro-nutrients (Beta-Lactoglobulin (β-Lg), Alpha-Lactalbumin (α-La), Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA), Immunoglobulins (Ig)
In the case of AGN Roots, the cows spend 90 percent of their lives outdoors (based on a rolling three-year average) in the clean, fresh oceanic air of Ireland’s eastern coast. Because the cows are raised in real pastures and eat natural grass, the grass-fed whey protein has higher levels of the chemical compounds that boost the immune system, keep the digestive system running more robustly, and increase the body’s overall metabolism.
100% grass-fed whey protein isolate is one of the purest forms of protein sold on the market today. It will give you the best and quickest results and is completely safe and natural! AGN Roots cares about your health and the health of the planet as a whole. AGN Roots Grass-Fed Whey is sustainably sourced from only Animal Welfare Approved farms within the A Greener World network, so you can feel good about helping your body feel at its peak!