First of all congratulations. This is the time when you need to take care of yourself in the best way possible. You need not take anything for granted as this is a very crucial time. Get help from other family members if needed.
Now, let’s get started about the movies you can watch while you are expecting. Now, since you are pregnant you might be eating right. In addition to this, you might be sleeping properly and also reading pregnancy-related books. You are doing everything that is needed and is crucial. Nevertheless what about some me-time? Have you been watching some movies about babies? If no, then this is the piece where you will find all the information related to the movies you can watch during your pregnancy.
What to expect when you’re expecting:
This is one of the best pregnancy movies you can watch. This amazing US comedy movie is featuring a star stud.
Cast of what to expect if you are expecting
Jason Todd Smith
The movie follows the pregnancies of a group of women, all of them who have gone through different challenges and have had separate experiences. From free pregnancies adoptions to hassle free opinions, and morning sickness, the movie has covered everything related to pregnancy and parenting topics in a way that it will grab your attention for sure. Throughout the movie you will have a fun time yet you will gain some knowledge too.
2. The Business of Being Born: If you are selecting only one movie to watch, then this should surely be the one. This is a pregnancy movie you will like for sure. This one is not for the romantic and 80s movie types. However, this movie will teach you so much about pregnancy. Directed by Ricki Lake, this movie explores some of the experiences of childbirth in the United States. The film shows homebirth, inductions, natural childbirth, caesareans, and everything else that comes in the between. In addition to this, the film also shows modern reliance on interventions and medicines during pregnancy. It also shows how pregnancy is treated as a medical emergency. If you want knowledge about all of this, then this is the movie which you should watch without fail.
Cast of The Business of Being Born
Ina May Gaskin
Michael L. Brodman
Mary Helen Ayres
3. Nine Months: Julianne Moore and Hugh Grant have left no stone unturned to make 90s movie magic in this romantic creation. What takes the center stage is the signature hair flop of Grant. This further is continued by Moore who is a dance teacher. Now, what happens is Moore faces an unplanned pregnancy. As time passes by, the couple faces some issues. Nevertheless the movie has a happy ending at the end.
Cast of Nine Months
Catherine JacobDulce Guerrero
4. Father of the Bride 2: For all those people who have planned your wedding by getting inspired from this movie, this is surely the pregnancy movie you ought to watch. The film follows the journey of George as he gets ready to be a father for the third time now. This is a very heartwarming film that focuses on fatherhood, family, and the ups, and downs of pregnancy.
Cast of the father of the bride
Steve Martin as George Banks
Diane Keaton as Nina Banks
Kimberley Williams as Annie Banks
Kieran Culkin as Matty Banks
George Newbern as Bryan Mackenzie
Martin Short as Frank Eggeholfer
BD Wong as Howard Weinstein
Peter Michael Goetz as John MacKenzie
Carmen Hayward as Grace
Kate McGregor as Joanna Mackenzie
Linda Williams as a guest at the reception
Marc Ian Sklar as a wedding guest
Rina Tucker as Danish relative
Pamela Matheson as Gitte
Britt Leach as assistant manager at the supermarket
Mike Knox as a wedding guest
Kellie Hudson as a wedding guest
Nicole as the neighbor
Eugene as a singer
Tom Irish as Ben Banks
Steve as Bankleader
5. Baby Mama: If you are feeling sad or not having a great time during pregnancy, then you should watch this movie. This is one of the best comedy movies about babies where Amy Poehler and Tina Fey have played their roles amazingly. Tine Fey plays a role of a businesswoman who ends up hiring Amy as a surrogate to her baby. What happens with Amy is she does not have a place to live which is why she moves in with Fey. However, in between both of them start to argue about various pregnancy issues.
Cast of Baby Mama
Siobhan Fallon Hogan
Anne L. Nathan
6. Babies: This one is a complete one hour and twenty minutes of babies. The movie follows four different babies from four separate countries. The movie has shown how they have been like babies and how it is like to grow up. Basically, the movie has explained the life of a baby. This is a must-watch with your girlfriends.
Cast of babies
7. Riding in cars with boys: This one is among the most emotional yet funny movies. The movie is starring Drew Barrymore who plays the role of a high school student who experiences pregnancy all of a sudden. Basically, the movie follows lost dreams, marriage issues, mental issues, and drug problems. However, a strong bond between the mother and the son is also shown.
Cast of riding in cars with boys
Skye McCole Bartusiak
Paz de la Huerta
Olivia Morgan Scheck
John Bedford Lloyd
Kevin O’Rourke (actor)
Vincent De Paul (actor)
8. Juno: This one is not to watch when you are going through pregnancy mood swings because then you will cry for sure. The film follows Juno, a high school student who is facing an unplanned pregnancy as she is in search of finding the perfect parents for her baby. It also shows the issues that are faced by high school students, as Juno is not selected as a partner for the prom. She sees how every other day people talk about her, and much more.
Cast of Juno
Kaaren de Zilva
Steven Christopher Parker
9. Away We Go: This film was directed by Sam Mendes who shows how a young couple Veronica and Burt goes through their journey of pregnancy. After finding out that Burt’s parents are moving away, both of them decide to travel the United States so that they can find a new place for themselves. This one is filled with interesting characters and fun. You should surely consider this.
Cast of away we go
Josh Hamilton (actor)
Jerome Stephens Jr.
10. For Keeps: Nobody else can play the role of the perfect highschool pregnant girl than Molly Ringwald. This movie has gained a lot of popularity with time. The character of Molly gets pregnant with her boyfriend. This is when the couple decides to raise the baby themselves.
Cast of for keeps
John G. Avildsen
Sharon Brown (actress)
Anne E. Curry
11. The Back up plan: In this romantic comedy, Jennifer Lopez plays a role of a single woman who opts for artificial insemination and then finally meets her other half on the same day itself. After some time she finds out about her pregnancy and expects her love to be with her.
Cast for the back up plan
Eric Christian Olsen
Jennifer Elise Cox
Jared S. Gilmore
Riley B. Smith
The Key Takeaways
These are some of the movies that you can watch during your pregnancy. We bet all of them will surely teach you something. In addition to this, you will also get some time with yourself. How about watching some of them during your free time? You will have a fun time and pregnancy period won’t be a painful experience.
If you want to find out more about pregnancy movies, seek the internet for the same. You will come across some absolute favorite ones.
We hope this piece has been useful in understanding the pregnancy movies you can watch. Pick the genre and get started. After all, pregnant ladies should also have fun. So, how about your favorite food and movie this time? Get on the bed, put on a movie, and enjoy lady. The time will go easily and you won’t feel depressed or sad during pregnancy. The pregnancy time will pass by safely and you won’t experience sadness until and unless you are watching the right moveis ya! Get started without any further delay. What are you waiting for? Christmas?