While buying a breastfeeding cover, it is essential to keep a few things in mind in order to ensure maximum convenience while breastfeeding. Decide why you want a nursing cover. Is it to help you feel more comfortable in public while breastfeeding or do you want to keep baby less distracted while feeding?
Most nursing covers are designed to provide discreet coverage for nursing mothers so that they can breastfeed their babies without exposure to others. Nursing covers are quite convenient and often high on expectant mom’s lists of things they would like to receive at the baby shower. This is a great idea for first-time moms since it most certainly will be used at the hospital post-delivery when everything is still new and new nursing mothers are still uncomfortable with the process of breastfeeding. The constant stream of well-wishers may make a new mom, already unsure of her breastfeeding skills, even more, hesitant to feed her new baby naturally.
These multi-use nursing covers are also a great baby shower gift for seasoned nursing moms who may use them while expressing milk by the pump at the office, or spending time outside of the home – at a cafe, a restaurant, while shopping, or at the beach.
Here we are going to enlist the top 5 tips for choosing the best breastfeeding cover. Just have a look!
- Tip No #1: Are you feeding a newborn, or do you plan to breastfeed for an extended period of time? Generally, these covers are for the initial year of nursing and extended nursing may need you to move up to a more generous nursing wrap. There are also plus-sized options available these days that will fit the bill for curvy moms, those expecting twins, and those who plan longer-term breastfeeding.
- Tip No #2: How does your baby getting feed? Does your child take feed from both breasts in one sitting, or do they generally feed on one side at a time? A lightweight, comfortable option should be chosen in either case, but it is extremely important if your baby has extended feeding sessions since the baby may become overheated and uncomfortable if the nursing wrap is not breathable and soft.
- Tip No #3: Nursing covers and wraps come in different styles, fabrics and colors/prints – so you can purchase a few and then mix and match with your outfits. If you wish to buy only one, consider your favorite color in your closet, and then select a print or solid that is complementary to most of your outfits.
- Tip No #4: Are you looking for a full coverage nursing wrap that will cover your front, back and sides? Or is a breastfeeding cover that only provides front coverage perfect for your needs? Chic styles are available in partial coverage shawl and apron styles that cover the front and sides, as well as full coverage poncho styles that give you 360 degrees of coverage – front, back, and sides.
- Tip No #5: Have patience with learning the best positions and methods for feeding your baby and know that you are offering your baby the best nutrition possible.
If you are also looking for the best breastfeeding covers then there is no need to go here and there. Just sit in front of your computer and do thoughtful research. There are many online stores that offer such covers at a very affordable price.
To know more about the baby or new-mom products such as carseat canopy, feel free to visit Kea Babies.